Future Car Model Turnaround from Omar Farahat on Vimeo.
Title: Future Car Model (2008)
Objective: To model a realistic car, something futuristic using current cars and adding my own spin to it. Polygonal modeling from a box to show box modeling skills.
Model in: Maya 2008
Texture in: Photoshop CS3
The above is an updated shorten version of the text below; taking out unneeded text. Done after the critique in class.
- Model a realistic car, something from the future.
- The car was model from a box; using only polygonal modeling.
- The car was later used in a scene of another project. It was parked in front of a store.
- Most look realistic, using high polygons.
- Can use real cars as reference but must be change to not look like the original too much.
- Use chrome paint.
- Use bump maps on the tire.
- The final render must show the whole car.
- Render with a 640x480 resolution.
- Use the provided HDRI image (Use for lighting.)
- Render a 3D turnaround that is 30 seconds.
- Transparent windows.
- Model the interior (Used low poly since it was not going to be seen but needed because of the transparent windows).
- Use textures on several parts of the car but are not noticeable.
- I Added fire particles to make it look like its flying.