Monday, January 26, 2009

Blog Post for DMA250 (For 1/27/2009) Career search

The career I want has to be 3D animation because I like to see my characters come to life. Even though I like 2D animation I prefer 3D animation because I found it easier to animate. I have also seen 3D shorts that were really good which also inspire me to become a 3D animator. I also like to create characters on paper which hopefully I will create 3D models of and one day animate them. So I want to have a career in creating 3D models/animating for film or games.

I had a hard time finding the job I wanted. I tried searching with keywords of "3D animation" "3D model" "3D artist" and all gives me mixed results. I finally found many jobs when I search for "3D games" with some that has to do with 3D animation but most was for game programming. I was using monster.com and careerbuilder.com. Both sites were easy to navigate and i like how the job link at monster.com had a rollover that pops up with a more detail job description. most of the jobs were located in CA or NY. I wish I knew the exact title of the job I wanted so I can find it more easier.

No comments: