Thursday, February 05, 2009

Blog Post for DMA250 (For 2/5/2009) Draft Resume and my work

Not sure if I'm doing this right but here goes.

Education:
  • 2006-Present Mercer County Community College - Digital Media Art Major with concentration of 3D animation.
  • 2002-2006 Trenton Central High School

Software:
  • Adobe Photoshop - High-level knowledge. Have been using Photoshop for years and is the program I'm most familiar with. I can create animation, logos, photo manipulation, posters, etc.
  • Adobe After Effects - Mid-level knowledge. I can edit video, add text, audio effects, and SFX.
  • Adobe Dreamweaver - Low-mid-level knowledge. I can create simple website, some knowledge of CSS and HTML.
  • Adobe Illustrator - Low-level knowledge. I have the basic knowledge of how to use this program.
  • Adobe Flash - Low-level knowledge. I have the basic knowledge of how to use this program.
  • Maya - Mid-high-level knowledge. Have been using Maya for a while now and is the 2nd program I'm familiar with. I can create scenery, models, and animation.
  • Final Cut Pro - Mid-level knowledge. I can edit video, add text, audio effects, and SFX.
  • Microsoft Word - Mid-level knowledge.
  • Microsoft PowerPoint - Low-level knowledge.
  • Microsoft Visual Studios - Low-level knowledge. Currently learning visual basic.
note: I have access to other Adobe and Microsoft products and is willing to learn them if required.

Hardware:
  • PC
  • Mac
  • Camera (Photography)
  • Video Camera (Filming)

Work Experience:
  • Internship? 2005-2006 Trenton Central High School - TV Production - Worked mainly as audio mixer and graphic designer but did several other jobs that needed an extra hand.



Most of my work has been for school. I have everything saved to a external hard drive. Some things I do not have digital copies of and will have to take photos of them in the future. I have hand drawn art of characters that can be used for animation. I have done storyboards. I have 3D animations and 3D models of characters, buildings, and vehicles.
Things I can further improve on is my animation skills no matter how good you are there is no perfect animation only getting the animation smoother to look more realistic. My 3D models, mostly the time to create them, I need to speed it up a bit. Another is creating texture for the 3D models. I have to work more on that to make the textures look more believable. There are a lot of things I can work on and I'm doing so a few at a time.

2 comments:

Brian said...

This looks good Omar, only thing you may want to add is an objective if you have one. Also you may not need to put your experience with each software you used makes it just more for them to read. Other then that it looks pretty solid.

Charlotte said...

Sorry Omar,

I am now following your blog, thanks for following mine.

I think your resume is nicely formatted. There are two things I suggest changing.

When a sentence runs into the next line, I suggest you make sure it lines up with the sentences before on the same topic, (vertically).

In addition, the last paragraph needs refinement. Try to construct few sentences most accurately defining your objective. I think you can say as much with less words.

Respectfully,
Charlotte